Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day... Infertile style!

I read this on 999 Reasons to Laugh at Infertility. I love visiting this blog; it always cracks me up and helps me find the humor in infertility. 



Here are some tips on how to spend St.Patty’s Day… Infertile Style!
  1. Wear a pair of good-luck green underwear to your transvaginal appointment.
  2. Start your day with Lucky Charms cereal to give you some luck.
  3. Ask your fertility doctor to paint your fertilized embryos green.
  4. Find a leprechaun to rub your belly.
  5. Ask your partner to dress like a leprechaun and get busy.
  6. Pour some green food coloring into your husband’s semen analysis cup.
  7. Paint your face green and pretend that you have morning sickness.
  8. Find a four leaf clover and ask your RE to insert it directly into your uterus.
My favorite is #1 :) I would totally do that.

Mr. A is coming home today after almost two weeks of being away for business.  I'm so excited! We've been together for almost ten years (married for 4 of those), and I still feel giddy when we are reunited.  I clean the house, I wash the sheets, I get all dolled up (cute clothes, make-up, lots of perfume, etc.).  I count down the hours until I get to see him again.  I love that feeling!  Tonight, in honor of St. Patrick's Day, I'm gonna wear some sexy green panties... someone is definitely getting lucky tonight :)....I know, I know, second post and already TMI?!?  But I don't care, I feel safe here.  I can say whatever I want.  Oh, and by the way, we're gonna have some "just for fun sex"... *cue gasp* That's right, you heard it! Not expecting to be BDing this cycle.  Work/business trips have gotten in the way, but I'm not going to cry this time.  I'm somewhere around CD7, hubby goes away again for work on Sunday CD10, just before O Day, so probably not gonna happen.  I'm okay though.  I'm going to enjoy just being with my husband and acting like we're 20 years old again.  After I pick him up from the airport, we plan on going out to dinner, then maybe doing some pub crawling, then gettin' lucky. I can't wait!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

2 comments:

  1. This whole TTC thing can really be stressful and take the fun out of sex fast. Good to hear you guys aren't letting it get to ya! I am trying hard not to get stressed, but I am CD 9 and charting is starting to consume my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally know what you mean! I charted for 3 years; the thermometer and I were BFFs. I really enjoyed learning how my body worked - very interesting, but it did start to consume my everything after awhile. My DH wants to have a baby as much as I do, but said that all the 'baby dance' talk was taking all the romance out of the equation. I definitely understood what he was talking about....If you're getting too stressed out about it, just know that you can always take a little break... that always helped me. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete