Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I love my animals... but I hate PETA

PETA made a really bad choice recently to offer a free vasectomy for any man willing to neuter/spay their pet.  That wasn't what pissed me off.  It pissed me off that they are doing this 'in honor' of Infertility Awareness Week.  How is offering free vasectomies honoring infertility? After receiving tons of emails demanding that they remove the infertility reference, PETA has only made things worse.  A representative supposedly apologized (here's a link to that). Then PETA sent out responses to complaints - in one of the responses they said things like 'maybe you should just adopt'.  Just goes to show how clueless PETA representatives really are. I love my animals, but don't think that PETA is a reputable organization.  I will forever boycott them.

If PETA's actions have also bothered you, please sign this petition - Tell PETA: Infertility is not a joke

Here's a link to a great post one of my IF Tweeps posted. Also, I'd like to add it to my blog.

Here's the post from http://alittlemore2life.blogspot.com


I'm Interrupting the Love fest to hate on Peta


Shame on Peta for targeting RESOLVE's Infertility Awareness Week. I consider myself to more aware of animal rights than most. I don't eat much meat, and have spent about half of my life as a vegetarian. I am currently taking the steps to go almost vegan, have eliminated dairy from my diet, have cut the amount of meat I eat by over 75%, and have decided to only eat eggs derived from cruelty free farms. I adopted both my dogs from shelters, promote spay and neuter programs and try to educate family, friends and acquaintances about adoption, sterilization, and backyard breeders and puppy mills. I am slowly eliminating all products that do animal testing from my house, including Cascade, Neutrogena and Dial. I may not be doing everything I can, but I am doing more than most.

This being said, I do NOT appreciate being the target of Peta's sick joke about infertility by running a promotion IN HONOR OF RESOLVE'sInfertility Awareness Week. I've had enough of Peta's one sided, self-promotion. I have had enough of Peta's hypocrisy. I have had enough of Peta's smug attacks on a group of people that is already fighting so much misinformation. I will never click on another Peta link or refer back to the Peta website again.

Are you as pissed off as I am? Here's what you can do:

   1. Email Ingrid Newkirk, PETA President, directly at ingridn@peta.orgto express your outrage.
   2. Make a donation to RESOLVE in Ingrid Newkirk's name.
   3. Bust a myth for National Infertility Awareness Week.
   4. Write your own blog post expressing your outrage, tweet about it or Facebook it. Just don't link directly to the page to rob PETA of pageviews. Here's a handy screenshot instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment