Monday, March 26, 2012

A heartbeat

This morning DH and I headed to the clinic bright and early. We didn't know what to expect, but we kept praying that we would at least see ONE heartbeat. To ease our nerves, we started going through names on my iphone baby names app.  It helped distract us and turned out to be quite amusing. I think we're going to have a tough time deciding on a name, but fortunately, we have some time. Well, hopefully... :-/

Once at the clinic, the nurse inserted the dildocam and within a few seconds found a little heartbeat! A heartbeat! We were both in total and complete awe. We got to see it flicker on the screen for a few minutes (I wish it could have been longer!) and then the nurse measured the baby & heartbeat. The baby is measuring 6 weeks 2 days, about two days behind of what we thought, but the nurse said it was nothing to worry about... but, of course, I worry.  The heartbeat was nice and strong, so that was very reassuring. The baby looked so tiny on the screen and looked like it was just cozily tucked away on one side of my uterus.  I think it's arms are still forming, but in the picture the nurse gave us, it looks like there's a little arm waving... at least, that's what I like to think :)

On the flip side, the nurse found a fibroid in my uterus & could see cysts in one of my ovaries. She said that both fibroid and cysts should go away on their own, but I will be monitored in two weeks to make sure things still look okay.

During dinner tonight, DH blessed our food and in his prayer he thank God for the precious miracle of our tiny little baby.  I can not even express how happy it makes me feel to see him so excited. It warms every inch of my heart.

We only got to keep one picture of our baby, it's not the best, but it's our very first. Here are two views of the same picture -



The baby is the little blob on the left side of the picture. That tiny little thing!

We go back in about 2 weeks for another ultrasound.  At that point, the RE will decide if we can graduate to the OB/GYN. Woohoo!

Praying that our tiny little one continues to grow. Thank you for your messages and twitter comments. I couldn't have made it this far without your love and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment