Tuesday, March 27, 2012

symptoms, where are you?

According to my 'what to expect' app on my iphone, I am currently 6 weeks 5 days pregnant. I've been searching for symptoms since the day after transfer. Each day that passed, I thought I felt twinges, stretching, etc. But in reality, I didn't feel anything. I felt and have felt (for the most part), very normal. I could almost say that I feel better than normal. Maybe being pregnant has finally stabilized my hormones or something because I feel better than pre-pregnancy. My mother-in-law once told me that when she was pregnant with DH, she felt amazing. Maybe I'll be the same? But deep down I'm begging for symptoms! Symptoms will let me know that baby is indeed still there. That baby is growing and using my body for support. 


Here are a few 'symptoms', if I can call them that, that I've experienced -  
  • I haven't really been interested in inter.course. DH and I did the deed the night before our beta. It felt like things were pretty tight up there and it was pretty painful for me. Poor DH, he also has his needs...ha. Since then we decided to use lubri.cated con.doms to help. It was quite hilarious embarrassing purchasing con.doms and a box of pregnancy tests at the pharmacy. I wonder what the cashier was thinking? Oh well.
  • As far as my CM, well it's been increasingly watery (but dry during inter.course). I have to wear a panty liner everyday and change it about three times a day. In the first few weeks after our BFP, my CM was sort of smelly, but that has since gone away.
  • more TMI - instead of being constipated, I've actually had to go to the bathroom about three times a day. Not diarrhea, just normal BM. Very strange.
  • I haven't noticed that my bo.obs are bigger, only that my nip.ples look different. The little bumps around the nip.ple have increased, but other than that they don't hurt much. 
  • One of the first clues was that my temperature stayed above 98°F, which has never happened to me 11dpo. I continued to take my temp for a couple of weeks after our BFP, you know, because I'm the insane Infertile...
  • The day after 3dt, I began Crin.one 8% (progest.erone), and that's when the acne began. I can't really say this has been a symptom - I think it's mostly due to the progest.erone.
  • I didn't used to have to get out of bed in the middle of the night to pee, and that has become a daily thing now.
  • Almost everyday, I tell DH that I'm worried it's not true, that I'm not really pregnant. I tell him that I have no symptoms and he disagrees. He says "first of all, yesterday you wanted to eat Lo Mein noodles, which you don't really like." I didn't really think about it much, just suddenly started thinking about Lo Mein. So we went out and had Chinese food for dinner. Today after work I couldn't stop thinking about cupcakes. I finally got one during our trip to the grocery store. Again, I don't know if this is just all in my head. DH thinks it's weird and believes it's a symptom.
  • Lately I have had some food aversions - I normally absolutely love chocolate, but haven't really wanted any in the last few weeks. I read that pregnant women usually crave it, so again, I'm the strange one I suppose.  Last week I really wanted carrots and hummus, so out we went to the grocery store. I had this as a snack at work for about a day. A day - because that's how long that craving lasted. I now can't stand raw carrots or hummus. Also, DH was cooking fish the other day, and the house smelled disgusting. Well, to me it smelled awful. Since then I haven't wanted fish.
  • Tired - I have been tired lately, but I don't know if it's due to the fact that I have cut out drinking coffee in the morning. Who knows?
So there you have it, not the typical pregnancy symptoms, but I guess they're "my" unique symptoms. With all three of my medicated IUIs I had more normal symptoms (twinges, moodiness, sore breasts, tired, etc). I'm still praying that I'll have a few more concrete clues that there's a baby growing in there. 



3 comments:

  1. I just found your blog through some desperate searching for other people at 6 weeks pregnant with no symptoms :) I'm so encouraged to know you saw a heartbeat even though you feel surprisingly good. Congrats on your BFP and a beautiful heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, Belle! I really need to update my blog, but haven't had much time in the past few months (work is taking over!). I'm now 23 weeks and still feeling great - no common symptoms for me, so I guess I'm one of the lucky ones :) Baby is looking good and growing strong each day.

      Good luck to you!!! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete